Sounds simple but I had no idea what to bring in the gym when I started in 2014.
Back in the day, all I took were some shoes, shorts and a t-shirt.
This is all that my gym bag contains these days. From basic to advanced items.
This would be all you need to start and go to the gym. You go to the gym, workout in what you have on you (underwear, socks), change to t-shirt, shorts, and shoes. At the end you change into dry underwear and socks. And back to your clothes.
- shower gel
And of course the best program in the Milky Way Galaxy for skinny guys.
- Bony 2 Beastly obviously 😉
You might want to consider some flip flops when walking after the workout in the gym bathroom. Showers can be really dirty and not all guys are clean. Some are damn disgusting. The last thing you want to do is to catch some insane skin, flesh-eating bacteria, that causes you pain, makes your left foot to bleed, is contagious, it takes you 3 sets of antibiotics, a ton of money at the pharmacy and 2 years to heal and get fully rid off! True story. It sucks.
- flip flops (optional)
- shoes (basic)
- weightlifting shoes (advanced)
I love Olympic Weightlifting.
- Liquid chalk (some gyms forbid it entirely, some just the solid version but allow this one)
- Barbell collars 2″ (quick release, you look cool having your own ;))
- Adidas Power Perfect II (superior for Deadlift form and Squat)
- Protein shake (you may be like BASIC! but it is expensive and not everyone has the budget to buy, so I put it here)
All packed neatly. Only thing I change is the shoes depending on the workout I have (basic vs. legs/powerlifting).
I imagine some people may have there WATER BOTTLE and I am missing it but in all our gyms you get water for free on the bar so there is no need to bring your own. Easy.